We work to allay our client’ anxieties and exceed their expectations.
philos is ISO 9001:2008 and EN 17100:2015 certified, assuring therefore international best practices in the translation and localisation industry.
Confidentiality: all of the philos staff are contractually subject to confidentiality regulations.
Delivery deadlines are scrupulously complied with.
Projects are archived for a period of 5 years in our servers, both the original and the finished texts, and can be sent to the customer upon request at any time.
Storage of the complete history of each project for future analysis and/or follow-up.
The provision of high quality translation, terminology, conference interpretation and linguistic support services was the goal behind philos and gave rise to its foundation in 1995.
Its founders — Sílvio Oliveira and Margarida Fonseca Silva — wanted to create a company whose goal was to respond to the real needs of its clients, incorporating a strong sense of ethics into all the procedures involved in undertaking this activity.
Over the years, staying true to these ethics and the belief in providing a client-oriented service, philos has built a reputation as a highly regarded company in the global translation and content localization market.
From the outset, philos made a point of developing a set of rules and procedures for quality assurance measurement and control, which is constantly being perfected, while keeping a close eye on trends in the translation and content localization sector.
In 2010, the main goals behind the introduction of a Quality Management System, according to EN ISO 9001 and ISO 17100 standards, were:
- To actively promote practices, within the organization, aimed at continuously increasing the effectiveness and efficiency of the services and processes.
- To present an assurance, confirmed by independent external bodies, of compliance with all our partners’ requirements.
- To comply with legal requirements, those of our clients and of the Quality Management System.
- To actively promote continuous improvement in the Quality Management System.
- To constantly perfect the quality of the services provided.
- To assure total confidentiality.
- To guarantee that deadlines are scrupulously met.
- To provide the best working conditions, as well as professional and personal development to our employees.
- To use the suggestions and complaints from our partners as an indispensable tool in continuous improvement.
- To meet all our obligations to third parties in good time, sincerely and in accordance with the commitments undertaken.
- To establish a relationship of trust with all our clients, partners and employees based on the principles of truth and ethics.
The right word in the right place.
Putting “the right word in the right place” is the best way to sum up what we do and why we do it. This is our great challenge, our focus our mission spirit.
Adding value to our clients’ messages, their products and their services, leveraging their differentiation on the global market.
The goal of any organization is to make a profit. At philos, we believe that profit is not an end in itself, but rather a means that we can put to work for innovation, continuous improvement and people.
Since it was founded, it has been the goal of philos not just to respond to clients’ expectations, but to exceed them, through providing services with high quality standards, acting responsibly and in tune with all our partners
In the future, as now, we want to continue to cement our global positioning as a benchmark partner in the translation and content localization sector.
Here at philos, we believe more in the power of words and the real meaning they carry than in pre-conceived definitions. This power, this meaning, can only really be translated when it is put to work for people.
At philos, we are constantly committed to applying and defending these values, both in internal relationships and in our relationships with our partners.